A friend of mine often compiles a list of sayings and short thoughts he has had recently, which I always enjoy reading (here is a combined list of several of his posts). So I too will try this, although I doubt mine will be quite so interesting. These are more about me than the world in general, but I think can be applicable. Enough excuses, here we go:
- We are most alone in a crowd, for in a crowd we hide who we truly are deep within ourselves.
- Loneliness often sets in after the “high” of social activity, making it all the more devastating.
- I want you to like me, so I draw you in. To keep you liking me, I push you away from the darkness inside.
- I am like a great spy master, only telling people what they need to know, only letting them see part of me, never letting anyone see the whole picture (read mess)
- Saying goodbye for the last time is one of the hardest things we as humans do
- Saying hello for the first time is probably a close second
We will see if I can have a bit more of these next time, but here is my first stab.